Day eight: The Traveling Aki!

So much for updating no? A lot of things have happened since the last post : goes back and looks at post : ....yeah a lot of things. Hopefully I'll start updating more, its winter break at my college.

Focusing on the title, a few members and I traveled to San Francisco to AIESEC Winter National Conference. It was awesome and lots of information cramming, but I think we got this! Anyways I'll be posting the blurbs that I wrote on the train.

-->
Day Eight: The Traveling Claire!
To start this day off, I woke up 30 minutes late. My phone was off, I was so lucky that my body woke up otherwise I would have been screwed. So almost panicking I quickly got dressed, and literally flew out of the hotel with all my shit. I couldn’t even take my Shin bowl with me which super upset me. I got on the bay area region transport and made my way to the Amtrack building next to the ferry building, aaah I was really close to missing the bus to take me where I needed to go. 

Lady Luck was on my side today! 

I got to where I needed to go and now I am on the train to Chicago. I’ve been traveling since 9:15am this morning, western time. So I’ve been traveling for seven hours dosing in and out from the lack of sleep of the few days, but I should be able to get some decent sleep. 

During the trek through Sierra Nevada Mountains a Japanese couple sat near me, husband, wife, three kids. When I finally woke up and stayed up I just asked a quick question to the wife next to me and then we started to talk. She saw this posted note covering my cam on my mac, I wrote in Japanese “見えませんよ!“ Which translates to don’t look, there’s a story behind that but to make it shorter I don’t want anyone looking at me when I don’t want them to. I told her a little about AIESEC and my major, she was really surprised at the fact I was taking Japanese and told me how its difficult to teach her children Japanese which I think is sad everyone in this world should be at least bilingual in some way. In short she gave me some tips to help me immerse myself in the Japanese culture, it seems like I have some work to do!


No comments :

Post a Comment