OCP what?

Alright, let's get things started.

Currently some of my time is going to a Student Organization I joined at my state college, its called AIESEC. AIESEC is a very large student run organization that's been around since the end of WWII, one of our main goals is to promote a globally minded student body. AIESEC is located in over 110 different Countries, but I don't think that AIESEC is that well know in Milwaukee I would be surprised if someone knew about it outside of the college setting. I am apart of the team called Information Management soon to be called Communications or something along those lines, I am hopefully working out the details about it.

Not only am I a member of this team I am also the Organizing Committee President of our next Regional Conference. That means other groups from Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, and I think Indiana are coming to Milwaukee for the conference . I seriously started hyperventilating when I found out that I was picked for it. SO MUCH RESPONSIBILITY

Fun Times no?

After being thrust into this position I've grown a lot and I'm doing things I've never done before, and this conference is pretty much a giant event planning situation. Little ole hermit-anti-social-phone-avoiding self have to go speak to sales representatives of different Hotels and look for sponsors and speak to people over the phone and what not...something that I despise doing greatly. I hate talking to people on the phone...lots of awkward silences and what not. Geez I really do sound like an anti-social person. Haha

Bleh.

Sometimes I do feel like I have a lot to do, you know juggling school, that hasn't started yet, work, I work everyday of the week, two part time jobs mind you, my social life that has been expanding, I would like to think, and combating my dysfunctional family. Eventually I figured that I do this to myself and I should stop complaining, suck it up and do it.


AIESEC Milwaukee

~Aki

No comments :

Post a Comment